Senior Software Engineer at ServiceNow
Title: Senior Software Engineer
This position reports to: Manager, UX Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We were Forbes 2018 #1 Most innovative Company which gives you a glimpse into our culture and the type of people we look to hire. We recently opened our West Loop location and are actively growing and looking for talent that wants to be a part of a rapidly expanding office. ServiceNow was also recently featured as one of LinkedIn's top 50 companies to work at in the US!
What does our platform do?
At the core, we deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity. Over 75% of Fortune 500 Companies are using the NOW platform. ServiceNow cloud services automate, predict, digitize and optimize business processes and tasks, from IT to Customer Service to Security Operations and to Human Resources, creating a better experience for your employees, users and customers while transforming your enterprise.
Come join the UX Engineering Platform team and work with a talented group of developers building out next generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. This team is responsible for the innovation, features, and architecture that make ServiceNow a powerful platform used by many Fortune 500 companies. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting technologies such as mobile, UI componentry, predictive intelligence, workflow & automation, and developer tools & IDE.
What we are looking for:
We are looking to hire a passionate, self-directed and tenacious individual to become an integral part of our Mobile Publishing Platform.
Be a part of the exciting, fast paced team that is creating leading mobile solutions for our customers.
Our team is working to build a world class platform for customizing and publishing mobile applications. As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Assume responsibility for our Mobile Publishing API and coordinate workflow design with the rest of our backend systems.
- Leverage your strong teamwork and collaboration skills and engage with other platform and application teams, ensuring we have the capabilities to diagnose customer issues.
- Use your excellent forensic skills to diagnose customer issues and amend systems to eliminate problems.
- Deliver API and workflow features and meet our monthly release goals.
- Work with QE to deliver and realize test plans, frameworks and strategies for our publishing pipeline
- 5+ years of software industry experience
- Passion for software development and problem solving
- Experience designing and implementing highly interactive user interfaces
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience with open source technologies like Linux, Apache/Tomcat and MySQL
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.