Senior Software Engineer at XSELL Technologies
Ready to write the best chapter of your career? XSELL Technologies leverages artificial intelligence as a foundational capability to listen, learn and support agents in real time with the exact information they need to exceed customers’ expectations and deliver top performer experiences.
Join us on our mission to empower agents, clients and organizations to increase human performance and job satisfaction through making conversations more personal. We do this by pairing together the best elements of human touch and machine intelligence to drive results.
XSELL is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be a key member of our development team. This role will allow you to work within the Agile framework of continuous delivery. You will provide leadership and guidance to junior developers and be a critical resource for our growing development team.
What You Will Bring
The problems you will tackle will benefit from the following skills:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of web development experience (Spring Boot and/or Ruby on Rails preferred, but not required)
- Experience in CI/CD a plus
- IT Project and Management principles and techniques (Scrum, Agile)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive and lead the development of a product or large project
- Ability to create project specs and identify roadblocks before writing code
- Drive to set coding standards and create repeatable processes
- A focus on writing clean, readable, and testable code
- Experience with microservices is a plus
Ways You Will Contribute
- Design and implement full stack applications/services/tools/script for pipelines running in AWS and Azure
- Work closely with product managers and data scientists to design, implement, and test highly scalable automated solutions.
- Participate in code and design reviews of your work and the work of your peer engineers
- Participate in architecture and design efforts with team members and/or across multiple teams
- Automate deployment processes and provide adequate test coverage by utilizing testing frameworks
- Mentor junior engineers to develop quality code and review design/code
- Respond to internal customer issue requests
XSELL’s Tech Stack
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Flask
- Frontend: VueJS, jQuery, Webpack
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Testing Framework: RSpec
- Infrastructure: AWS, Azure, Linux
- Version Control: Git, GitHub
- Deployment: Capistrano, Ansible
XSELL is committed to a culture of teamwork; where everyone works together to plan, do, learn, and continuously improve. We accomplish that by staying true to our core value.
- Best Chapter Yet: Every XSELLer is plugged in and focused on writing their “best chapter yet”, both personally and professionally. We believe in working hard to achieve success, but that success only comes if we are doing it together. We do this with a high level of humility, integrity and compassion towards out coworkers. We celebrate and recognize each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Know Us By Our Results: We do what we say and say what we do. Our coworkers and clients will “know us by our results” – we welcome that and embrace transparency and measurement.
- Do It The XSELL Way: Together we are building an inclusive culture full of top performing, talented people that are striving towards common goals with resilience. People will admire not only the work we do but also that we “do it the XSELL way” – as one team. We do this through strong communication, collaboration and accountability to each other.
- Open for Business: We are always “open for business” – fiercely committed to improving ourselves, our team and our company. We stay curious and approach every situation as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Conversations Happen In the Room: Feedback is imperative to our collective success. We approach the “conversation in the room” with respect, empathy and candor. Our dialogue with each other is always open and honest.
XSELL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.