Senior Software Engineer at Morningstar
Design and build stable, scalable products through the use of Amazon web services (50% of time). Support and improve critical products and legacy systems (5%). Analyze and remediate production issues and vulnerabilities quickly, build instrumentation and operational readiness into the systems architecture (5%). Utilize technical development skills to distill analyst requirements into the technical specifications to create solid software products and be accountable for deliverables. Act as the software guardian (10%). Own non-functional requirements, architectural direction, quality of the code, and address technical debt (10%). Design for the big picture, including product roadmap over next quarter and years (5%). Lead end-to-end design (5%). Use an Agile approach to iteratively maintain and develop new functionality. Promote usability best practices. Develop areas of continuous and automated deployment (10%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5 years of relevant programming experience.
- 5 years of experience building and maintaining professional software.
- 5 years of experience with Object Oriented languages like C#, Java or C++.
- 5 years of experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, and Databases.
- Experience developing highly scalable and extensible RESTful APIs, console applications and public facing UI applications.
- Experience with back-end XML, relational, and file-based databases (e.g. SQL, Postgres, MySQL).
- Experience with software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, such as coding standards, code reviews, unit-tests, source control management (stash/git), build processes, testing, and operations.
- Professional experience developing high-performance, highly available, and scalable distributed computing applications.
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity