BrokerX is an innovative SaaS company that is disrupting the energy industry. We are a software solution for energy brokers that automates daily workflows, empowering them with more time to sell and grow their businesses. Trust and transparency is the foundation of our business and our mission is to utilize it to transform and make a positive impact within the energy industry.
Who we are:
Our team has a deep expertise in energy, technology, business optimization, and entrepreneurship. We are passionate about building scalable software-as-a-service platforms, empowering businesses to embrace new business models in the age of digital disruption.
What You'll Do:
BrokerX is looking for a full-stack, Ruby on Rails engineer to help us build and support our platform and services. This engineer plays a critical role in all aspects of BrokerX’s software projects. They contribute to business requirements gathering, use case development, technical specification analysis, system design, and software architecture. They are responsible for writing code, testing, reviewing code, and providing support for large development projects.
- Problem-solve through careful application of technology and process
- Write high quality, tested, and maintainable software
- Design modern, reliable, and reusable systems
- Decompose complex problems into manageable tasks
- Write technical specifications, run-time instructions, training materials, and architecture documentation
- Help develop best practices, technology efficiencies, and streamline workflow
- Design data models and write efficient queries in Postgresql
- Collaborate in design, implementation, and code reviews
- Maintain the BrokerX platform and contribute to new features and custom extensions
- Collaborate with wider BrokerX teams to arrive at sound technical solutions to business problems
- Expert in Ruby on Rails framework and the Ruby language.
- Proficient Experience with SQL and Relational Databases.
- Nice to have exposure to Haskell, C#, and AWS infrastructure.
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- 3+ years of programming experience
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with React is a bonus
- Sound knowledge of HTML/CSS, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Sound knowledge of browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
Ability to pick up new software, frameworks, and APIs quickly
Understanding of monitoring, systems provisioning, networking all a bonus