We’ve all had a recruiting experience that stands out, either because it was magical or ‘oh so horrible.’
The technology that recruiting teams use to find, connect with, and advance talent often shapes a candidate’s experience. Yello’s software enables employers to recruit effectively and efficiently. If it excites you to be a part of a team that helps some of the world’s largest brands connect with their talent, then come grow your career with Yello.
Founded in 2008, Yello is a venture-backed talent acquisition software company that empowers Fortune 500 and fast-growing enterprise companies to find the best talent for their organizations. Our solutions help recruiters love their work — and helps people early in their careers find their dream job.
~We believe in bringing our authentic selves to work.
~We are hungry to learn and are forever curious.
~We do what’s right for our customers, leading with our expertise.
~We are proactive.
~And last but not least, we strive to start with empathy in all of our interactions.
About The Role
The Senior Software Engineer has end-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity with very little oversight beyond high-level direction. They understand the specific business needs for their development team and use this knowledge to influence task prioritization. This role coordinates with, and assists, other external teams in identifying and troubleshooting system defects. They can identify technical risks and possible solutions and effectively communicate these to the appropriate parties. The senior software engineer shows initiative beyond the scope of their assigned tasks by championing quality and best practices across their development team.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Independently oversees implementation efforts within their development team
- Clearly communicates complex solutions while fostering a shared understanding of the overall 'problem space' across their team
- Assists product manager in breaking down larger scoped initiatives into smaller, incremental deliverable pieces
- Pairs with test engineers to fully understand boundaries of acceptance criteria
- Reviews code, tests, plans and documentation with both peers and leadership
- Iteratively develops and delivers testable increments with awareness of larger project outcomes
- Adapts and pivots when necessary to achieve business objectives
- Provides direction and support to other team members
- Works effectively with minimal guidance and a high degree of independence
- Understands and recommends new technologies to improve system and product performance
- Articulates how their work fits into the Yello platform as a whole
What We're Looking For
- Minimum 5 years of professional development experience
- Experience solving problems in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to share knowledge and help others on your team grow as well as the ability to mentor younger developers
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Willingness to push back when quality is questionable or jeopardized
- Relational database design experience as well as proficiency in SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience with RSpec or relevant testing framework
- Full Stack Development (RESTful API development would be considered a plus)
- Familiar with non-relational data stores (Redis, Memcached, Elasticsearch, etc)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related experience
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- A “we build it, we run it” development philosophy
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time.
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills