Senior Software Engineer at Echo Global Logistics
At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled solutions and supply chain management. We utilize technology to simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers by handling the critical tasks on their behalf so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that ship their product with carriers who transport those goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo Global Logistics has recently been ranked in Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Employer in Chicago along with other recognitions as the top 3PL provider. We are looking for incredible people to join our team and help carry out our mission of providing our clients with best in class service and technology!
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Echo Global Logistics team, you will be a major contributor to the design and implementation of a modular and adaptive service-based enterprise platform in line with our organizational mission of quality, scalability, performance and function. Our proprietary software powers the ever growing North American freight industry by simplifying transportation logistics for shippers and carriers
Senior Software Engineers work on a Scrum team comprised of developers of all skill levels, QA engineers, product owners, and business stakeholders.
- Work with system architects to contribute to high-level technical designs
- Produce consistent, high quality code by following industry best practices and company standards
- Leverage automation across testing, integration, and deployment activities
- Work hand-in-hand with product owner to break down features into actionable user stories
- Work to continuously advance your professional and technical skill set
- Carry out root cause analysis on defects; ensure fixes are happening in the right way
- Manage software risk; balance priorities; go above and beyond the call of duty
- 5+ years developing distributed, enterprise-scale software applications leveraging the following:
- Object-Oriented programming languages: Java, C#, Python
- Relational databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Enterprise messaging systems: RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Data structures and algorithms
- NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Redis, Neo4j
- Service-based architecture: Microservices, WCF,
- Automated CI/CD pipelines: Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitLab, Git, Artifactory
- Docker containers: Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, Nomad
- Cloud services: AWS, Azure, Google
- Proven track record in working in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to mentor junior candidates and work with business and leadership
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.