How you’ll make an impact:
We are looking for a motivated full stack Software Engineer who is passionate about learning and growing their technical skills. You will be a member of a small Agile team collaborating in 2-week sprints alongside quality assurance engineers, UX designers, a product manager, and a scrum master.
You will be developing our software solution, StrataJazz®, which is used by many of the nation’s leading healthcare providers. Our software helps our customers leverage their financial, operational, and clinical data to drive their mission of providing world-class care, while improving their financial health. The real-time workforce management (RTWF) solution is complex with streams of real-time hospital data coming into the application to calculate productivity and staffing needs near real-time.
- Write clean code that is testable and scalable
- Design and develop new features and maintain existing functionality
- Ensure product quality through automated tests and submitting code reviews
- Be an active participant in Agile scrum ceremonies
Our technology stack
- Tooling: Visual Studio 2017 / 2019, Visual Studio Code, Intellij, Bitbucket, Jira, VersionOne, Slack
- Data: PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Time-series Databases, Amazon AWS, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Analysis Services, Redis
- Backend: C#, .NET Framework, .NET Core, Java, Scala, ASP.NET Web Forms / MVC / Web API, HangFire, ElasticSearch / LogStash / Kibana
- Frontend: Sencha ExtJS, ReactJS, SCSS
- Infrastructure: Docker, Team City, Octopus, Linux
Engineering culture and perks
- Clear and defined career lattice
- Team budget for social events
- Education grant for books, conference, training
- Pluralsight and LinkedIn learning subscriptions
- Flexible work hours, environment, work from home
What we’re looking for:
- Understanding of object-oriented principles to design back-end controller business logic
- Experience creating microapps for future state architecture by creating “widgets” for system
- Experience building microservices for future state architecture with application and domain data
- Experience writing SQL statements to interact with multiple databases including PostgreSQL, Snowflake or others
- Experience using .NET as server-side controller logic as foundation for microservices
- Experience creating ETL scripts/programs to manage the movement and transformation of real-time data
- Experience using Linux as microservice operating system with .NET
- Scala experience is a plus to convert existing web application to microservice
- Real-time streaming data experience is a plus to store, process and calculate for real-time dashboards
- Kafka or Spark streaming technology experience is a plus for processing real-time streaming data for the system
- HL7 experience is a plus to process ADT (Admission, Discharge, Transfer) Census data for hospitals
- Agile experience is a plus to fit within the Agile Scrum methodology currently used by the team
- Ambitious innovator, ready to actively contribute beginning day one to build start of the art real-time workforce management
- BS in engineering field or the equivalent work experience
Here @ Strata…
Who we are:
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our culture is driven by our people solving problems together. We embrace learning, collaboration, and continuous career growth. Together, we lift our customers, our products, our company and our community.
We believe that each of our team member’s unique perspectives and experiences is what drives innovation and positive change. Our individual differences are what make us a more forward-thinking organization. We foster a culture of inclusion, equity and belonging, regardless of race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Here at Strata, we are guided by a set of principles called the StrataWay. These values keep us honest and ensure that we are always representing ourselves and our organization as best we can. They are at the core of who we are and how we support one another.
- Serve: We partner with our customers to provide quality solutions that will make their lives easier. We extend service to our community to drive purposeful change
- Rock: Our work makes a meaningful impact, no matter what role we play on the team. We are open and receptive to new ways of doing things, always innovating, and never becoming complacent.
- Grow: We are life-long learners and embrace change that will help us grow professionally and personally. We embrace a culture of feedback and acknowledge that progress is more important than perfection.
- StrataPro: We show up every day as the best version of ourselves. We treat others as we would want to be treated (and then some). We commit to getting better every day in everything that we do, upholding the highest level of integrity even in the face of challenges.
Strata Decision Technology provides an innovative set of software and service solutions to help healthcare providers better analyze, plan and perform in support of caring for their community and reducing the cost of care. Our customer base includes over 2,000 hospitals and over 400 healthcare delivery systems. Founded in 1996, our mission is to Help Heal Healthcare™. For more information, please go to www.stratadecision.com.