Senior Software Engineer at Morningstar
Built a User Interface Portal using VueJs and Vuex that surface products and tools, also built a restful APIS using ExpressJS for its backend (15%). Built reusable components using Vue Custom Element and shared it with other teams. This component, Central Sign In, is exposed through a service accessible to other teams for login (15%). Mentor other engineers in code reviews to follow best practices for technical and domain standards (10%). Deployed the project in AWS with low cost using the serverless architecture pattern (5%). Supervise other Junior engineers to follow best coding practices and assist them with challenges (5%). Work closely with cross functional teams, QA teams and other development teams globally to ensure a timely and high-quality delivery (5%). Design and build stable, scalable products through the use of modern web technologies and Amazon web services (5%). Support and improve critical products and legacy systems. Analyze and remediate production issues and vulnerabilities quickly, build instrumentation, and operational readiness into the systems architecture (5%). Serve as the software guardian (5%). Assure quality of the code and addressing technical debt (5%). Take leadership responsibility for non-functional requirements, architectural and technical direction (5%). Remain current on emerging technologies (5%). Use an Agile approach to iteratively maintain and develop new functionality (5%). Promote usability best practices (5%). Develop areas of continuous and automated deployment (5%).
· This position requires a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related engineering fields and 2 years of programming experience.
· In the alternative, a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related engineering fields and 5 years of programming experience is acceptable.
· 2 years of experience in building and maintaining professional software.
· 2 years of experience in developing REST API Web Services using NodeJs and ExpressJS.
· 2 years of experience with databases, including MySQL, Oracle SQL Server.
· 2 years of experience with Qunit, Jest, and Mocha Testing framework and Mocking Frameworks.
· 2 years of experience with Continuous Integration Tools Bitbucket, GitHub, Jenkins, IntelliJ, unit testing, and Jira.
· 2 years of experience working in an Agile environment.
· 1 year of experience with mentoring associate engineers in code quality.
· 1 year of experience working with Amazon Web Services, including S3, CloudFront, ELB, SQS, EC2, AWS Lambda.