Senior Software Engineer
Leaf Trade | CHICAGO
Leaf Trade is the leading B2B marketplace between licensed wholesalers of cannabis products and dispensaries in the highly regulated cannabis markets. Leaf Trade’s suite of software features streamline order management and fulfillment by providing a CRM, essential integrations, and other enterprise tools that save time and help grow cannabis businesses.
Our customers range from single-state businesses that are just getting started, to the majority of the largest, enterprise-level, often publicly traded multi-state operators (MSO) that trust Leaf Trade as the defining standard of cannabis supply chain technology. Check out this [feature in Forbes](https://www.forbes.com/sites/danreich/2019/03/14/how-this-marijuana-tech-startup-is-solving-the-industrys-regulatory-challenges/?sh=1111aacc17d2ps://) to learn more.
Leaf Trade is seeking a self-motivated, Senior Software Engineer who is responsible for contributing to all technical aspects of the company.
We are looking for a passionate and talented problem solver who will craft the next generation of our sales, analytics, and API platforms that will scale and power our marketplace. You must be excited to work with a small engineering team to grow the company through the use of technical resources. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and develop features that will be used by our many customers and have a direct impact on our business. You enjoy being a generalist, with a willingness to work on both frontend and backend.
- Willingness and passion for coding and getting your hands dirty.
- Build features that end users will love to use and Engineers can easily contribute to.
- Assist in establishing the company’s technical vision and help with all aspects of the company’s technological development
- Contribute to the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth
- Engage directly with business stakeholders to confirm assumptions and clarify end user requirements, and iterate on new features and functionality.
- Partner with the Engineering team to conduct research on leading edge technologies and contribute to make determinations/estimates of probabilities of implementation.
- Develop a deep understanding of Leaf Trade’s technology and UX/UI design standards
- 4+ years of Full Stack development experience, preferably using Python and Django
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related area required.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem, toolsets and deployment architecture
- Familiarity with React, Angular or Vue
- Experience working in an Agile, cross functional team environment
- Experience with implementing and interacting with APIs
- Solid background in utilizing 3rd party integrations and application libraries
- Excellent knowledge of Web Standards and RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of relational databases, as well as familiarity with ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries.
- Experience working in high availability environments.
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective writing and presentation skills
- You are results and deadline focused
- You are a team-player, but you also thrive working autonomously
- Strongly prefer existing experience using Jira for product management
- Knowledge of the cannabis industry is a plus, but not required
- Flexible PTO and sick day policy, holidays
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Meaningful stock option plan
- Vibrant company culture within a casual environment
Leaf Trade is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.