Senior Software Engineer at Pangea Money Transfer
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:19 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, October 7, 2021
Pangea offers a smarter way for people to move money around the world to friends and family. Founded in 2012, Pangea started with a mission to revolutionize the remittance industry by providing customers a powerful, easy-to-use mobile application to send money internationally. Since then, we have grown to offer additional products and services to help underbanked immigrants gain financial independence.
Pangea operates as an independent subsidiary under Enova International (NYSE: ENVA). Also headquartered in Chicago, Enova is a leading financial technology company offering accessible credit to millions of customers. Together, Pangea and Enova are on a mission to help hardworking people get access to fair financial services.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a backend software engineer to build and maintain new features for the Pangea platform that improve usability, prevent fraud, and create APIs and services that work with our partners to launch new markets, payment methods, and capabilities. Our platform includes a set of native iOS, Android, and Web apps and a set of API microservices built using multiple languages, all hosted on AWS.
If you have an entrepreneurial passion, are motivated by building successful products, and learning new technologies and systems, then we want to talk to you!
- Design, build, and maintain APIs and services as part of the Pangea platform that drive new customer growth and operational efficiency.
- Integrate with third-party financial service platforms.
- Troubleshoot production issues and contribute to improving platform reliability.
- Contribute to improving engineering standards and best practices.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or related degree.
- At least 7 years of development experience with C#.
- Strong experience with SQL databases.
- Good understanding of designing and using REST APIs.
- You are familiar with agile/scrum methodologies and planning tools such as JIRA.
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description