Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Avant is looking for a new Senior Associate, Software Engineer to join the Product Development team in Chicago. You will be responsible for implementing features in Ruby on the Loan Servicing application stack as we move towards a SoA architecture. Your day to day will include enhancing our accounting system, communicating with banks and credit card gateways, and enabling scale on our marketplace platform. You will also assist with the buildout of our exciting new Credit Card product. You must be a pragmatic generalist programmer who will not only help execute, but also one that will provide a strong voice for technological direction of the Loan Servicing team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience in Ruby, Python, or another language using a major web framework such as Rails, Django, or Sinatra
- 3+ years of experience using relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Professional experience working with service based architectures in backend applications
- Professional experience migrating from a monolithic application to service based architecture
- Professional experience working at scale with significant data flow
- Knowledge of development tool creation and application architecture design
- Entrepreneurial and self-driven
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.