Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to create and enhance their digital credit offerings. Built by lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years—with a suite of proven product modules for credit decisioning, fraud prevention, account verifications, servicing engines and CRM solutions. Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk consulting & analytics. Amount clients include financial institutions collectively managing close to $1T in US assets and servicing more than 25 million US customers. Visit www.amount.com for more information.
Amount is looking for a new Senior Software Engineer to join the Product Development team in Chicago. You will be responsible for implementing features in Ruby on the Loan Servicing application stack as we move towards a SoA architecture. Your day to day will include enhancing our accounting system, communicating with banks and credit card gateways, and enabling scale on our marketplace platform. You will also assist with the buildout of our exciting new Credit Card product. You must be a pragmatic generalist programmer who will not only help execute, but also one that will provide a strong voice for technological direction of the Loan Servicing team.
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience in Ruby, Python, or another language using a major web framework such as Rails, Django, or Sinatra
- 3+ years of experience using relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Professional experience working with service based architectures in backend applications
- Professional experience migrating from a monolithic application to service based architecture
- Professional experience working at scale with significant data flow
- Knowledge of development tool creation and application architecture design
- Entrepreneurial and self-driven
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
Why Amount is a fit for you:
At Amount, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description