Senior Software Engineer
At ShopRunner, our mission is to help retailers thrive by sparking and deepening connections between shoppers and the brands they love.
Our 4.4M members receive exclusive benefits such as free 2-day shipping, free returns, 2-click checkout and special promotions across our network of 140+ retailers. Our retailers enjoy the power of cross-retailer network effects in the form of new customers and increased purchase frequency.
With people in offices in Chicago and Conshohocken, PA, we’re perpetrators of good vibes and great experiences for our customers, our merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In our mission to build the best shopping experience for our users, we are building new shopping API that will enable integrating our mobile apps to our retail partners. You will be helping design and develop these backend services, and preparing them to scale to the demands of millions of users. We are using Kotlin + Spring Boot to quickly build the API layer.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Designing, building, and deploying well-formed API in cloud
- Integrating with our retail partners' checkout functionality
- Working closely with mobile app developers and designers to build the best in class shopping user experience
- Collaborating with other backend developers from data science, member security, and product catalog teams
- Reviewing, recommending, and implementing new technologies
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years experience writing production code for web applications
- Expertise in JVM based programming languages like Java/Groovy/Kotlin
- Experience working with Spring Boot
- An understanding of database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility
- Comfort with key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications
- Self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on Agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology
- Nice to haves: Experience working in AWS, Docker