Senior Software Engineer
At ShopRunner, our mission is to help retailers thrive by sparking and deepening connections between shoppers and the brands they love.
Our 4.4M members receive exclusive benefits such as free 2-day shipping, free returns, 2-click checkout and special promotions across our network of 140+ retailers. Our retailers enjoy the power of cross-retailer network effects in the form of new customers and increased purchase frequency.
With people in offices in Chicago and Conshohocken, PA, we’re perpetrators of good vibes and great experiences for our customers, our merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Scaling our service architecture and embracing approaches such as 12 factor, Microservices, and well-formed APIs
- Evolving our data pipelines to enable real-time event handling, smarter personalization, and more nimble applications
- Designing and developing new application platforms
- Reviewing, recommending and implementing new technologies
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years’ experience writing production code for web applications. We love Polyglots who know a few other languages and like the right tool for the job.
- Expertise in an object-oriented programming language, such as Java/Groovy, C++ or Ruby
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience working with web frameworks such as Spring, Django/Bottle/Flask
- An understanding of database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Plenty of experience using data in support of larger efforts, from reusing other services and APIs, to writing jobs in map-reduce, to streaming data for smarter online systems.
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility.
- Comfort with key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications.
- Self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on Agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are and consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.