Senior Software Engineer at PEAK6
PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that the development of integrative technology can improve how business is done. The passion for that idea powers our firm still. As a Senior Software Engineer at PEAK6, you are free to explore unique solutions and try fresh ideas within our engineering teams – Core/Data, Trading Tools, and Execution - that may benefit our financial services and trading businesses, and our investment companies. You’ll collaborate with some of tech’s sharpest minds to solve for the firm’s ever-changing but exciting challenges. Working in tech at PEAK6 means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
Depending on the team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with business and technology teams on trading strategy implementations.
- Developing core systems like messaging architecture/systems and/or end user applications around portfolio risk and data analysis that help support the activities of various middle and back-office operations as well as trading tools/platforms.
- Performing manual and automated testing to confirm application behavior.
- Optimizing and monitoring critical path performance.
- Troubleshooting production issues quickly and efficiently.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Proficiency in Java, Go, or Python
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and flexibility working with different technologies
- Familiarity with Linux platform
All of our developers have these traits. You should, too.
Motivation Collaboration Curiosity
Integrity Adaptability Ingenuity
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Senior Software Engineer, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program