Senior Software Engineer
Leaf Trade is the leading B2B marketplace between licensed wholesalers of cannabis products and dispensaries in the highly regulated cannabis markets. Leaf Trade streamlines order management and fulfillment by providing a CRM, essential integrations, and other enterprise tools that save time and help grow cannabis businesses.
About the Role
Leaf Trade is seeking a self-motivated, Senior Software Engineer who is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the company.
You must be excited to work with the Founders and Executive Management team to grow the company through the use of technical resources. You must carry leadership experience and provide technical direction to attain the company’s strategic goals established in the company’s roadmap. You enjoy being a generalist, with a willingness to work on both frontend and backend.
Leaf Trade is in a unique position to impact the fast emerging Cannabis industry. From licensed vendors to dispensaries, our mission is to help both parties streamline their business operations and ultimately improve the overall customer service and consumer experience.
- Develop a deep understanding of Leaf Trade’s technology and UX/UI design standards
- Willingness and passion for coding and getting your hands dirty
- Assist in establishing the company’s technical vision and help with all aspects of the company’s technological development
- Contribute to the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads; such as marketing, production and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Executive Management team internally, as well as apply a consultative approach externally with clients and/or strategic partners
- Conduct research and case studies on leading edge technologies and make determinations/estimates of probabilities of implementation
- Provide leadership in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values
- Actively recruit and manage the best talent to scale the engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related area required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Full Stack development experience, preferably using Python and Django
- Experience with the AWS eco-system, toolsets and deployment architecture
- Experience working in an Agile, cross functional team environment
- Experience with implementing and interacting with APIs
- Leadership experience and an ambition to transition towards a CTO role
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Solid background in utilizing 3rd party integrations and application libraries with strict security requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Web Standards and RESTful APIs
- Solid Understanding of NoSQL databases and Serverless computing
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective writing and presentation skills
Bonus skills & attributes
- You are results and deadline focused
- You are a team-player, but you also thrive working autonomously
- Strongly prefer existing experience using Jira for product management
- Knowledge of the cannabis industry is a plus, but not required
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health insurance
- Vacation days, sick days, and corporate holidays
- Complimentary gym membership
- Fast growth environment with potential for quick upward mobility
- Vibrant company culture within a casual environment
Leaf Trade is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.