Senior Software Engineer
- As a leading provider of Relocation Management Software, UrbanBound empowers companies with the technology to administer, track, and optimize relocation benefits for their employees. With a comprehensive and intuitive platform, UrbanBound helps our customers contain relocation costs and equip their employees with the solutions needed to effectively plan and execute their move.
With well over 150 of the largest employers as customers, UrbanBound is a high-growth, early stage software company that is disrupting the historically high-touch/low-tech relocation industry by providing innovative, easy-to-use technology.
UrbanBound is well funded by top-tier Venture Capitalists that are committed to helping us re-envision the $50 Billion global relocation industry.
About the Job
- Write clear, concise, and maintainable code.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Thoroughly test your code by writing automated unit and feature tests, and also by putting your “user hat” on and experimenting with your changes via the UI.
- Pair with team members when necessary to help them work through difficult problems, or to get a second set of eyes on your changes.
- Perform code reviews to make sure we’re shipping quality software and keep up to speed with what your teammates are working on, while taking the opportunity to teach your fellow developers a few new tricks, as well as learning a few yourself.
- Design practical solutions to technical problems.
- Work with people outside of the product team to diagnose issues, understand the challenges they face with the application, and define feature requirements.
- Keep up to date with the latest and greatest in the software industry.
- A desire to constantly be learning, and teaching.
- 6+ years experience building web-based products.
- Familiarity with the challenges faced by modern web applications, and the array of solutions to those problems.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Writes succinct, readable, maintainable, and testable code.
- Experience working on an agile team.
- Enjoys working with people in engineering, product development, sales, marketing, and customer support.
- Great communication skills.
Education and Experience Guidelines
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University, or equivalent experience, required.
A minimum of 6 years of software development experience.
Compensation for this position will consist of a competitive base salary and benefits.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy. Need to take a break? No problem. We want everybody to feel well rested, energetic, and ready to seize the day
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- A strong belief in having a great work/life balance where family and health come first
- Gym Benefit provided
- Vanguard 401k