Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Downers Grove, or Chicago, Illinois
At FTD Companies, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
This highly crucial Senior Software Engineer position will take a leading role in building applications within our multi-brand $1B+ E-Commerce company. We're actively searching for top-level engineers to join newly created teams at FTD Companies who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of-the-art platform and architecture from scratch.
What You Will Contribute:
- Coding in Java/J2EE related technologies within GCP Cloud
- Participate with a multi-functional team (technical & non-technical members) on highly visible strategic projects and work independently as needed.
- Champion innovative solutions and interact with top-caliber software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing to our growing ecosystem of cutting edge SOA based applications.
- Work within an agile group and be empowered to add your personalized stamp on the team and the solutions we deliver.
- Interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems--seek the biggest bangs!
- Work with team members across software teams to promote software best-practices, technical guidance when requested and overall positive change.
- Mentor other developers to help grow their software development skillsets.
- Actively work with managers in continuously improving SDLC process and the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering team.
What we offer:
A tremendous Senior Software Engineer opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes. We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing, and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, and other ideas welcome. We much enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company (flexible hours, a healthy vacation plan, summer hours) in a relaxed work environment.
We firmly embrace the definition of a "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership. There are job opportunities, and then there are career opportunities... Let us provide you with a career where you look forward to Mondays. Careers that have a positive impact and offer you a future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
What we seek:
Is a phenomenal Senior Software Engineer with the ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies who loves to write code, is excited about building things and is passionate about robust software design? These are what we are looking for;
- You have minimum 5+ years of software development experience working on complex projects.
- Possess a proven understanding of tiered distributed systems.
- You are proficient in Java on the Spring framework, as well as Web Services, WCF, Rest, SQL and Windows Services.
- You are experienced with using Git and Team Foundation Server or other comparable source control/SDLC tools for a large environment.
- You have strong knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and have used them in practice along with Microservice architecture and practices
- Experience building high performing systems including latency measurement, analysis, and optimization across the entire technology stack and working with DevOps
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem-solving techniques, and object-oriented software design skills
- You are enthusiastic, motivated and able to work in teams.
- You are excellent at juggling multiple responsibilities and tasks at a given time and prioritizing those items so that your time is used expertly.
- You have implemented or utilized Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices.
- You experienced with software design patterns.
- Experience working with business in defining solutions in an agile environment.
- You have excellent written communication skills and verbal agility.
- You are accountable, taking ownership of outstanding issues and establishing a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- You take pride in producing high-quality software utilizing automated unit and integration testing.
- Experience in Cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Experience with various E-Commerce systems such as PIM, OMS, and FMS
Join our team and help contribute to our exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic E-Commerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.