Senior Software Engineer
WHO WE ARE
At QwickRate, we operate in the fast-evolving fintech space, and we have a long list of new product development and service improvements awaiting you. We provide a niche online marketplace for financial institutions, a financial analytical platform, and many other services
All our software has been built in-house on Java, and we are updating and expanding it.
We partner with Monroe Financial Partners, Inc. in Chicago, and you would be located in their near west loop office.
We are a small business, so you should enjoy playing several roles and learning with us. You will play a large role in our company’s success.
WHO YOU ARE
You should enjoy wearing many hats:
- Leading a small team in designing and developing in Java, as well as programming yourself.
- Working with third party data sources, using SQL database, tracking XML and XBRL data
- Interacting with teammates in different cities and countries (we have development staff will be in Georgia, and Brazil)
- Managing development priorities
Skills and experience you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline (or an equivalent combination of education and work experience).
- 4-7 years in Java programming and design
- Experience with data and software architecture
- Working familiarity with Tomcat, Spring Framework, Maven, XML, React, XBRL, SQL, GIT
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team and work under tight time constraints
- Comfort with learning financial terms as they are manifested in our business and our programs