Senior Software Engineer
Full Time Perm
Calling All Data Lovers
Do you love working with data? Do you love building new software using cutting edge technologies? Do you love working in a collaborative environment with free breakfast, coffee/tea/soda, social events and much more? Then read on because Omnitracs is looking for the best and brightest to help us disrupt the freight and logistics industry!
What sets us apart from other logistics technology companies is our rich history in data! In 1988, Omnitracs (then Qualcomm) fundamentally changed the way fleets operate and we’re doing it again today. With over a million assets in over 70 countries, Omnitracs has a lot of data.
Omnitracs’ newly formed Innovation Lab is innovating on this data to create new products - helping our customers not just survive, but thrive, in today’s complex transportation ecosystem. We are looking for you, Senior Software Engineer, to join our fast-paced Agile team in Chicago.
Who You Are
- You love to code. You have over 4 years’ experience building and maintaining applications written in C#, Python, and/or Java. You can do it all: design, code, test, debug, and deploy.
- The latest technologies get you excited, and you can visualize which ones benefit your technology stack.
- You’re a mentor to other Software Developers on the team. You lead by example and provide technical advice and assist in solving problems.
- You can do a code review in your sleep.
- You’ve worked on an Agile team and you know a good agile process when you see one (and a bad one too!) and you possess the leadership skills to help get a team back on track.
- You have experience working in the Amazon ecosystem and are familiar with Amazon’s native services.
- You believe in test driven development and have the experience to back it up.
- You know your way around Github and can get a team up and running on it in a jiffy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
- At least 4 years of experience in Software Engineering (software design, architecture, implementation, deployment, and support)
Tools We Work With