Senior Software Engineer
We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing. The Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform enables marketers to easily manage all mobile communication channels including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet, Google Pay and mobile web campaigns -- all through a single interface. Vibes has delivered more than ten billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Chipotle, Discover, Home Depot, PetSmart, Foot Locker and Allstate, and is recognized as one of only four Tier 1 aggregators by the Common Short Code Administration (CSCA). To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com.
Vibes is seeking a full-stack engineer to help us extend and scale our mobile marketing platform.
We are a group of passionate technologists, intent on solving hard problems in the evolving world of mobile engagement. We focus on collaboration and continuous improvement of our products and ourselves. Our current initiatives are heavily focused on scaling our mobile marketing platform and bringing customer-driven experiences to life.
You are an engineer with a growth-mindset, a passion for building great software, and a passion for leadership. You've contributed to software built to scale, are a test-driven practitioner, and are seeking an opportunity to work on the next generation of web applications with a passionate team. Our Senior Engineers are trusted partners within Vibes and act as thought leaders for engineering best-practices, mentors to more junior engineers, and strong practitioner.
This role is located at 300 W. Adam Street, Chicago, IL.
- 4-6 years of experience developing web applications
- 2+ years of experience driving full-stack development of scalable applications
- Understanding of web technologies, such as CSS, HTML5, and JSON
- Significant experience:
- building Ruby on Rails applications
- in automated testing tools and implementation including unit, functional and acceptance testing
- developing multiple web applications
- reforming existing web applications
- Passionate about best-in-class engineering practices
- Excellent interpersonal and cross functional interactions (Product, UI/UX, QA, et al)
- Experience building highly scalable web applications.
- Familiarity with source code control: Git, subversion, et al
- Experience with AWS a plus
Our Core Values
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.