Senior Software Engineer at Nordstrom
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!Who we are
- An entrepreneur. You’re truly invested in the success of the business.
- A pacesetter. You are a go-to person for technical advice, a role model for others, and able to design and execute large initiatives independently.
- A teacher. You’re able to mentor others in the tech organization and help our team grow.
- A translator. You are able to turn tech jargon into language others across the business can comprehend.
- Play a leading role in the design, development and deployment of critical, large scale products including new product launches.
- Proactively get involved resolving production issues and outages regardless of the products affected.
- When leading an effort you follow up with all parties involved to verify the issue has been resolved and communicate with external groups.
- Keep up to date with trends in the industry and how it could impact our architecture.
- Actively work with the members of your team to increase the knowledge and improve the quality of their work product.
- Mentor junior team members on the best coding techniques and how/why coding standards fit into architecture goals.
- Educate team members how to diagnose and resolve production issues, teach them how to use our toolset to identify and resolve those issues.
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate business needs into technical architecture.
- Advise on competing technologies and patterns in order to build consensus around common solutions across the engineering organization.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With others. We have pairing stations where engineers often work together, as well as a Jamboard for collaborating on architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
- Lunch and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Flexible work environment
- A social environment with built-in bars