Senior Software Engineer
Forager is growing. Due to this growth, we’re hiring Senior Software Engineers, to join us in building an automated, freight-matching marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating. You will be in charge of shipping features and owning complex deliverables. The impact you make in the role will directly affect your project's success.
What will you do?
- You will build applications and services to automate and optimize cross border freight industry using an SOA approach. You’ll work on algorithms for pricing and matching customers to vendors, front end dashboards, integrations with 3rd party APIs, and proof-of-concept pilots.
- You will write clean, effective code and follow best practices.
- Take an active part in and contribute to team processes, including planning, standups, retros.
- Participate in code reviews, testing.
- Diagnose problems. Plan and apply fixes
- Have ownership of projects.
- Strong debugging skills, requiring little help from your peers.
- Weigh in on the technical design of features.
- Collaborate with your peers.
- You will actively be working to hone your craft, become a stronger engineer.
- You will become a "go-to expert" in areas of our codebase and understand the broad architecture of the entire system.
- Understand and make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs.
- Requiring little high-level oversight, can take a complex user story, break it down into sub-tasks, and complete them with relative ease.
- Understand the product(s) and our customers needs.
Who you are?
- This is not your first development role. You have a strong background and experience in software development with a solid understanding of core engineering concepts.
- You write clean, effective code and you adhere to good coding principles.
- You are a quick learner and are able to be productive without significant feedback from the more senior engineers on your team.
- You have experience programming and writing RESTful APIs.
- You have solid experience with React, Node/Express, and PostgreSQL.
- Committed to testing and have experience with JS testing frameworks (Jest).
- Curious, dedicated, and accountable.
- Driven, fast-paced. You love the speed and impact that comes from working in a start-up. You set ambitious goals for yourself and work to meet them.
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience.