Come for the mission. Stay for the experience.
Let’s keep things simple: we are an unbelievably talented, hard-working, and compassionate team driving towards a mission that impacts every single one of us - even you!
Healthcare benefits are complex, underutilized and a mystery for most users. We’re removing that complexity. Our industry-changing technology solution puts a simplified benefits experience in the hands of users, saving them time and money.
Following an explosive 2019 (raising $30M in Series C funding, awards for Chicago’s Best Tech Startup and Chicago’s Best Place to Work, adding 50+ key team members and more), we’re continuing down the path of high growth and high impact.
We are looking for an ambitious senior engineer with a deep desire to learn and develop software that improves people’s lives. If you’re passionate about developing the best software and collaborating with other developers to do so, then we want to hear from you!
You will enhance our SaaS solution, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. You will get to work on the latest software practices and technologies such as microservices architecture, cloud design patterns, automated CI/CD pipeline, automated and orchestrated Dockerized delivery, and AWS platform. Above all, your work will impact people’s interactions with the healthcare system.
- Collaborate on architectural decisions and design best practices
- Design and implement new features into the HealthJoy platform
- Collaborate with engineering and product team members to improve quality and velocity
- Creating a scalable solution to serve our growing user base
- 5+ years experience building and shipping scalable applications in Python
- Track record of developing on backend frameworks such as Asyncio, Aiohttp, Flask, SQLAlchemy, or equivalent
- Experience in a CI/CD pipeline; preferably using Jenkins
- At ease in the AWS ecosystem
- Experience participating in the architecture and design of new and existing products
- An ability and eagerness to constantly learn and share knowledge with others
- Insatiable curiosity to learn new software principles, technologies, and tools
- Passionate in collaborating with developers and testers; distributed team experience will be a plus
- Experience in Frontend frameworks React, Angular, or Redux will be a plus
Work should be meaningful and rewarding.
HealthJoy offers a robust package of employee perks and benefits including healthcare benefits, flexible PTO plan, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, parental leave, and HSA contribution match. We also enjoy each other's company over wellness activities, catered Friday lunches, happy hours, volunteer events in our local community, lunch and learns, and ‘friendship time’ pairings.
The best benefit of all? We use our own product. As an employee, you can rely on HealthJoy to feel confident about your own healthcare decisions and get the most out of your unique benefits plan.
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.