SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
We are looking for a highly motivated, client centric, engineering team oriented, Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will work with manual and automation QA engineers in evaluating existing automation framework, building new test frameworks, writing and designing automation scripts from scratch and maintaining automated test scripts to ensure quality control standards are achieved.
- Executes manual or automated test cases that validate the functionalities, code quality and reports test results, following all formal test architectures and project processes
- Implement functional testcases for testing various software components - Frontends, REST APIs, Mobile apps, and backend Microservices. Describe and clearly document test plan/procedure and test results
- Develops and maintains functional test cases, System & Integration Test cases and test artifacts like test data, test cases and automated scripts used in SDLC
- Assists in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the Development team. Works with software developers and database administrators to troubleshoot test failures in the various test/customer environments.
- Collaborate with product owners, software architects, software developers and DevOps on best practices, process changes and standards as part of continuous process improvement
- Verbal Communication - Proficient
- Written Communication - Proficient
- Teamwork - Proficient
- Relationships - Proficient
- Organizational Awareness - Proficient
- Learning Agility - Proficient
- Problem Solving - Proficient
- Prioritization - Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Strong knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Hands-on experience in designing front end automated solutions and framework with Selenium WebDriver and/or Appium.
- Experience with API automation testing
- Experience with writing performance/load testing
- Experience with SQL Server a plus
- Understanding of CI/CD automation pipelines using Jenkins, and Gitlab a plus.
- Familiar with Agile software development life cycle.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of QA experience
- 1-3 years of automated QA experience including developing automation workflows and implementing test frameworks.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.