Senior Software Security Engineer (Remote) at Paylocity
The Senior Software Security Engineer is responsible for understanding and providing guidance to internal teams on best practices in software security and architecture for Paylocity’s Information Systems. The Senior Software Engineer is also responsible for training and mentoring new Software Security Engineers on our internal application security tooling and automation, and in understanding our product ecosystem as a whole. Other responsibilities will include development and maintenance of internal application security tools, and performing threat modeling, static analysis, and dynamic analysis of our web and mobile applications.
- Serve as a security thought leader for all internal application security tooling and automation.
- Develop and maintain internal application security tooling.
- Automate security testing and vulnerability management procedures where reasonable.
- Create a culture of appsec-as-a-service through enablement with tooling and automation.
- Integrate security into the build/deployment process.
- Create a path for DevSecOps and spread awareness and adoption.
- Promote a proactive approach to addressing the changing threat landscape by recommending and implementing architectural improvements to security infrastructure.
- Provide expert guidance and recommendations for strategic and tactical security architecture topics through risk advisory services.
- Perform vulnerability research, assessment and management, serve as a technical security/risk advisor on all new technologies used/developed at Paylocity such as cloud, session management, SSO, database, WAF, Opensource libraries.
- Support offensive security professionals by suggesting remediation strategies for reported vulnerabilities.
- Assist developers in remediating vulnerabilities by providing line-by-line guidance.
- Provide training and education to developers on software security best practices in various cloud-based systems.
- Evaluate, procure, implement and tune dynamic application vulnerability scanning using tools like White Hat Sentinel, IBM AppScan, HP WebInspect, Netsparker, AppSpider, or Cenzic Hailstorm.
- Evaluate, procure, implement and tune static application vulnerability scanning using tools like HPE Fortify, Checkmarx, Veracode, Coverity, etc.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in InfoSec, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience with full-stack web development.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with message-based systems (RabbitMQ/NServiceBus/etc.).
- Experience developing and working with Web APIs.
- Experience interpreting results from Static Code Scanning tools.
- Strong knowledge of Security Token Services, Federated Identity Providers, SAML 2.0, claims-based security and other SSO technologies.
- Experience with creating and maintaining Threat Models at scale.
- Experience with securing database platforms.
- Experience in remediating security vulnerabilities beyond OWASP Top 10.
- Experience in performing security assessments on cloud-based multi-tenant Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications running on the .NET platform.
- Experience in assessing security of native and hybrid mobile applications beyond the use of automated tools.
Nice to have:
- Master’s Degree in InfoSec, Computer Science, or a related discipline, or ability to obtain industry relevant cybersecurity certifications such as CCSLP, CISSP, CCSP, OSCP, CEH is a plus.
- Experience developing in .NET is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL/MongoDB is a plus.
- Experience in at least one scripting language (Python/Ruby/Perl/PHP/etc…) is a plus.
- Functional knowledge of container-based application infrastructure with Docker is a plus.
- Experience working with Payroll, HR, Time & Labor Management, and Online Benefits Enrollment applications is a plus.
- Experience with writing Burp plugins, opensource security tools, presenting at security conferences, writing technical research papers or publishing CVEs is a plus.