Senior Solutions Architect- Director at JPMorgan Chase
As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you'll combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology through solid engineering practices. You’ll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing, and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your passion and experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you’re already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit.
In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you’ll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Mastery of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Command of architecture, design, and business processes
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Experienced in modern programming languages
- Collaborate with heads of technology in the various lines of business to define the strategic direction for their application portfolios.
- Define approaches for modernizing legacy applications including migration to public or private cloud infrastructure.
- Guide business initiatives to ensure alignment with strategic technology direction.
- Educate and steer the development community toward strategic architectural and engineering patterns.
- Create target state architecture documents and guiding principles.
- Work with software engineering teams to estimate the cost of proposed solutions.
- Define architecture and engineering standards.
- Drive the development of designs during the early stages of an idea.
- Be aware of industry trends and leverage new technologies as appropriate.
- Collaborate with agile teams in the evolution of applications toward our target state cloud architecture.
- Challenge designs during the concept and review phases to drive toward re-use, efficiency, security, and stability.
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Knowledge of and experience with cloud-native design principles.
- Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes.
- Experience in technology controls and security.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
- 10 years in architecture/software engineering.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence others.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor team members.
- Strong business system, analysis and software engineering experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business leaders, software engineers and systems technology experts.
- Ability to coordinate efforts from diverse groups.
- Ability to work well at a conceptual level, resolve ambiguity, and to drive concepts out into workable solutions.
- Ability to define target state architectures, and develop realistic transition plans for achieving target state.
- Experience with domain-driven design
- Deep experience in at least one technical domain (e.g. database, application development, performance tuning, etc.).
- Broad experience across technical domains.
- Data architecture knowledge and some exposure to data modeling principles.
- Broad exposure to a variety of applications, technologies and business functions.
- Exposure to Agile Development methodologies
- Exposure to mainframe engineering platforms.
- Experience in distributed engineering platforms and cloud platforms.
- Experience with high-volume transaction processing, high-availability systems, and large databases.
- Cloud certification (AWS, Google, etc.) is a plus.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve consumers, small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.