Senior Solutions Architect at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is in the midst of a multi-year, strategic transition to the cloud. The Global Technology Services team is at the forefront of this transition by laying the infrastructure and service delivery foundations in Azure. We are in need of a senior solution architect with a proven track record of delivering customer solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment, and operationalizing value-added services that capitalize on cloud capabilities, including DevOps, Self-service, and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings.
As a member of McDonald’s Global Technology Services, this individual will perform infrastructure solution architecture for strategic and customer-driven initiatives, and guide the evolution of Azure capabilities. We need a collaborative and self-directed individual who, in partnership with other Solution Architects, will engage customers and stakeholders to clarify expectations, apply relevant standards and best-practices, and drive the delivery of infrastructure solutions and services in Azure. The successful candidate knows how to balance a strong results-orientation with continuous improvement. This will be a collaborative role, necessitating strong interpersonal and influencing skills in addition to broad IT domain knowledge, particularly in DevOps, Security, and Architecture Governance practices.
• Analyze new solution requests, solicit and clarify non-functional requirements, and formulate conceptual and physical architectures, to rapidly deliver infrastructure solutions in a fast-paced, multi-vendor, cloud-first environment
• Drive opportunities to accelerate deployment through identifying, proving, and leading implementation of automation and optimization solutions
• Triage technology proposals against existing infrastructure standards and best practices, and lead subsequent solution and variance activities
• Perform collaborative solution assessments that represent multiple foundational disciplines (especially platform, cloud services, network, security, data management & integration, service management & operations), make recommendations consistent with standards and acceptable practices, and influentially communicate across the organization
• Uses own subject matter expertise and appropriate stakeholders to evolve infrastructure standards that improve time to market, economics, and brand protection for global technology solutions
• Support Enterprise Architecture activities by driving service roadmaps, strategic planning, and optimization in Azure, and taking a lead role in setting organizational standards for the optimal use of technologies
Minimum Requirements :
• 5 years of experience in a senior-level infrastructure Engineering or Architecture role
• 2 years minimum direct experience architecting solutions in Azure
• Expert level working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts and toolchain (e.g. Atlassian and HashiCorp product suite, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, CFT, ARM, Artifactory, Visual Studio Team Services, etc.)
• Broad exposure to multiple areas of technology, particularly application development, cloud infrastructure and operations management, DevOps, and security
• Appropriate [Microsoft certifications. certification] or demonstrated, equivalent work experience across all knowledge areas required
• Ability to work collaboratively in a predominantly supplier-enabled, outsourced technology delivery environment
• Excellent written, verbal, and meeting facilitation skills
• Experience with agile methodologies, particularly Kanban
• Experience in global and retail environments highly desired
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.