Senior Staff Software Engineer, Backend (Card Processing) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Accelerate Affirm’s ecosystem of honest financial products!
We are looking for a Backend Staff Staff Software Engineer with expertise in payment processing for ZeroToSixty (ZTS), Affirm’s new product accelerator. ZTS is a small team of technical leads and product managers working directly with the SVP of Product, President of Technology, and CEO to identify potentially new honest financial products with potential to supercharge the Affirm ecosystem, quickly bring these products to production, and scale successful launches.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Be Responsible For
- Leading new product launches from specification to implementation, testing, deployment to production, and feature iteration, with multiple contracted engineers
- Researching and evaluating build vs buy vs partner options for development tooling and product building blocks
- Collaborating with other leads within ZeroToSixty and Affirm Engineering team to define and execute on a roadmap of open source tools that reduce the time from a new idea to learnings in market
- Working closely with product, design, analytics, and the executive team to set objectives and evaluate success of new products
- Scale successful MVPs in collaboration with the core Engineering team
What We Look For
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining financial products, especially high-traffic payment processors.
- Domain expertise in card processing or interfacing with core bank processors such as FIS or TSYS.
- Prior experience leading projects with development agencies.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to technically mentor engineers and communicate technical ideas.
- Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis