Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry. At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
Amount is a technology company focused on accelerating the world’s transition to digital financial services. We create technology experiences that help financial institutions better understand their customers while enabling them to live their best financial lives. We aim to make it easier for financial institutions to provide greater access and smarter tools, so everyone has the opportunity to tackle the financial challenges they face. Our technology is shaping the future of financial services by enabling our partners to better understand and serve their customers, and we are looking for talented team members to join us on the journey.
Amount is seeking a Senior Staff Engineer or Architect to join us! The right candidate for the role is someone that enjoys building, designing, planning, strategizing, and mentoring Junior developers. We are interested in speaking with high level, hands on individual contributors.
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
What you'll work on:
- Create designs and plans for evolving Amount’s platform for supporting future transactional scale, improving configurability, increasing stability, and unlocking new product capabilities
- Provide mentorship and growth opportunities to the individuals in your department function. Lead a team of engineers towards accomplishing technology objectives
- Keep energy high and promote a collaborative culture
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
- Contribute to tooling as well as our technology architecture and direction
- We have a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences
What you might own at Amount:
- Partner Implementation: Onboard several bank partners onto our white label lending platform by providing APIs and configurability
- A360 & Apply: Power our credit decisioning, credit pricing, fraud prevention, customer verification, and credit reports
- Core Operations: Create workflows and the backend that powers internal service tools and provide external visibility to our partners
- Loan Servicing & Customer Management: Improve the customer experience and automation on our web app and mobile app through self service
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience creating software in an engineering or product role
- 3+ years of experience with design and architecture
- 3+ years of experience mentoring Junior team members
- Desire to add value and get rewarded for it
- BS or MS degree in a STEM major or equivalent job experience required
- Experience within a fast-paced environment or high growth start-up preferred
- You’re entrepreneurial, self-driven, and takes pride in improving our customers’ experiences
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- You like communicating directly with business units from all over the company to ensure you understand and can best handle the pain points and the wide range of stakeholders needs
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that this position will not be remote long-term and our expectation is that this individual will join us in our Chicago office when it is safe to do so.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!
Read Full Job Description