Senior System Engineer- Agreement Analyzer at DocuSign
Senior System Engineer- Agreement Analyzer at Seal Software – a DocuSign Company
Engineering and Tech Ops | Chicago, Illinois
Our Agreement with Employees:
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
As a System Engineer, you must love the challenge of working with an architecture in distributed systems built on our own cloud infrastructure. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about automating deployment, configuration and analysis of our full-lifecycle environments. In this role you will be in a team whose work centers on scaling our no-SQL, search, message, and event processing systems in a fast-paced environment while achieving high availability. We are looking for candidates who can approach the modern cloud discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
This position reports to Director, Software Engineering.
● Work with a team that manages distributed data systems and related integrations like: Elastic or Swift, Rabbit, Redis, and Kafka
● Management of multiple clusters in test and Production environments, in multiple data centers
● Provide ongoing monitoring, performance tuning, and support of no-SQL, search, message, and event processing systems
● Implement and maintain performance benchmarks, including capacity planning, measuring utilization, performance and health of the clusters
● Perform operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for the Swift environments
● Troubleshoot issues encountered and provide solutions
● Maintain high availability and participate in disaster recovery exercises
● Ensure data is protected within defined security standards
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
● 8+ years of experience in related field
● Experience with various open source ecosystems like Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, and Swift or Elastic
● 3+ years of Rabbit, Kafka, Elastic Stack or Swift experience with expert Linux infrastructure experience
● Experience in open source technology installation, configuration and administration
● Experience in monitoring, performance tuning, and managing multiple open source clusters
● Experience in NoSQL and RDMS database technologies
● Experience with configuration management, specifically Saltstack
● Expert experience with at least one of the following languages: Perl, Python, Java, or bash
● Engage in discussions with the Linux open source community and implement best practices
● Strong people skills, team orientation and a professional attitude
● Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
● Ability to perform in a fast paced and dynamic business environment
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an equal opportunity employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.