Senior Systems Cloud Engineer at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly.We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Planning, analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of systems and networks, virtual machines, container solutions, open source applications, and variety of databases in both cloud and on on-premise hosting environments.
- Perform system environment buildouts, process automation, datacenter setup, hardware installation, maintenance and support, and documentation of operating procedures and processes.
- Analyze system activity and problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommend system design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Work closely with various teams for the migration of resources from on-premise to cloud environments and utilize toolchain, scripts, automation for each stage in the infrastructure deployment.
- Monitor, track, report, and proactively address issues taking a holistic view of health and supportability requirements, including documentation, monitoring, logging, high availability configuration, capacity and disaster recovery plans.
- Configure and utilize a variety of system management, log analysis, monitoring and alert management tools such as DataDog, Splunk, Device42.
- Providing advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large and complex Unix/Linux, Windows workloads and applications hosted in both cloud platforms and on-premise.
- Work closely with SREs, quality assurance, business analysts and architects to improve systems/security designs and refine processes for efficiency.
- Stay in tune with new technologies in your areas but not limited to cloud computing & deployment, site reliability engineering, design/architecture, infrastructure automation, security best practices, data engineering etc.
You Should Have
- Must have hands-on Unix/Linux experience that includes specific technical experience with CentOS / Ubuntu systems administration support for large scale distributed environments
- Must have cloud experience in Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- Experience with developing, implementing and supporting hybrid cloud environments
- Experience using CI/CD and automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Spinnaker, Puppet, Jenkins, GitHub
- Fundamental knowledge of data engineering technology stack or platforms; integrating new technologies with existing technologies.
- Fundamental knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL databases, object storage, web servers, open source programming stack
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.