Senior Systems Engineer - Splunk
- Provide leadership for all design, deployment, and maintenance of our production Splunk forwarders, rulesets, and alerts
- Keep our Splunk Cloud evergreen by ensuring all new servers, network equipment, SAAS applications and endpoints log the right level of information to Splunk.
- Create, optimize, and continuously evaluate security monitoring content (correlated searches/alerts) on Splunk Cloud and ES.
- Work with the IT, Security, and RelativityOne Service Delivery teams to ensure the proper logs are being sent to Splunk and value is being delivered.
- Ensure we have the proper proactive alerts configured to inform the right people to address incidents before they become problems.
- Assist in strategic direction and planning for growth to support our increasing business needs.
- Educate users around Splunk and the capabilities it provides.
- Champion the use of Splunk for end users, provide direction on the changes Splunk is implementing, and keep management informed of ways we can increase the value we get out of it.
- Keep on top of industry trends and logging technology
- Splunk and Splunk ES – deep knowledge of Splunk design and maintenance
- Automation – scripting experience to help with automating repeatable tasks
- Cloud Services – Experience with MS Azure, Amazon Web Services, or other cloud offerings
- Applications – Splunk monitoring of Atlassian, data warehouse, or home grown SAAS applications a plus
- Storage – General knowledge of iSCSI vs Fiber Channel, NAS, and SAN
- Networking – knowledge including routing, switching, and firewall concepts
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when things are going wrong to troubleshoot issues effectively
- Three years of Splunk solution design and support. The candidate must have experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a fully operating SIEM solution.
- Splunk Admin Certification or above a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Virtualization – General knowledge of VMware or Hyper-V Virtualization
- Experience – 7 years in Infrastructure, Engineering, or Application Development