ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our rapidly growing global workforce in Chicago. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, successful execution, and ongoing support of complex server and application deployment projects. You will be working with other global team members to provide world-class infrastructure for our global business. A strong candidate for this position excels with identifying complex system-level issues and develops elegant, well thought-out solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Take ownership of systems-related tickets from submittal to closure
- Participate as a member of the Global Infrastructure team, tasked with defining and implementing cutting-edge technology solutions across the firm
- Develop automated processes for reiterative tasks to increase efficiency and productivity
- Mentor and support junior team members and colleagues
- Assist with patch management and vulnerability mitigation
- System-level tuning of Linux and Windows operating systems for optimal performance
- Develop standards for the deployment and ongoing support of all global systems
- Experience with Public and private clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure, VMware, Kubernetes)
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of Linux Distributions (CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.)
- Expert working knowledge of Windows Server
- Proven experience tuning Linux operating systems for low-latency environments
- Extensive experience troubleshooting highly involved systems issues using application and system logs as well as system tools (netstat, tcpdump, wireshark, ps, etc)
- Ability to automate repeatable tasks using scripting languages such as Python, bash, batch, or automation platforms ansible, salt stack, terraform
- Passion for collaboration and proven success working in a fast-paced environment