Senior Systems Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
As a Systems Engineer, you will be part of a team that is creating the next generation build and release platform (heavily cloud-based in AWS using EKS / Kubernetes / Docker with thousands of instances under management) for ServiceNow. We need your expertise to design, monitor, measure, optimize, and ensure that we plan for the capacity to deploy services required to enable enterprise scale software development, quality engineering, and production releases. This includes the following responsibilities:
· Design and implement system and application health dashboards – targeted at our System Engineering team as well as our Developer and QE community – tracking metrics necessary to meet organizational SLAs.
· Manage and report utilization and capacity across the infrastructure to provide management with current and projected cost information.
· Provision, monitor, and manage cloud infrastructure in AWS using cutting-edge Infrastructure-as-Code methods and to scale the Build and Release Platform.
· Support the Build and Release platform for a fast-growing development organization with over 5000 engineers.
· Manage and maintain the CMDB / DCIM tools to ensure accurate infrastructure data.
· Guide and mentor the Build Engineering team in the management of O/S and application patching, critical data protection, and operating performance.
· Using data gathered through system and application monitoring, identify potential capacity issues and develop plans to proactively modify configurations before problems occur.
· Troubleshoot, resolve problems, perform root cause analysis, and document solutions to improve time to discovery / time to resolution.
· Identify recurring problems, opportunities for self-healing, and then automate as appropriate.Qualifications
To be successful in this role you have:
· 5+ years hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure automation, system engineering, and monitoring implementation (bonus points for deep knowledge of LogicMonitor, AWS, VMware)
· Understanding of Capital and Operating Expenditures and an eye for detail / cost management
· Ability to quickly learn about new technologies, evaluate applicability to our environment and apply them appropriately
· Strong networking, Kubernetes, Terraform / Ansible / Chef skills
· Passion for automation, continuous improvement, and DevOps culture
· Clear communication skills, both in person and in writing
· Security and compliance minded
· A strong commitment to customer service
· Experience supporting enterprise-scale hybrid cloud and on-prem environments
· Experience managing, analyzing, and improving infrastructure systems
· Fluency in one or more of the following technologies:
o Amazon Web Services
o EKS / Kubernetes / Docker
o LogicMonitor / Splunk
o Chef / Ansible
o Linux (CentOS/Fedora/RedHat)
o Windows (Desktop and Server)
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.