Senior Technical Lead
Founded by a group of industry visionaries and startup disruptors, DAIS is reimagining insurance by empowering agencies and carriers with a cutting edge software platform designed to handle the complex challenges of the industry.
At DAIS, we’re looking for people who are curious, driven, and hungry for a challenge. DAIS will give you the room to take complete ownership of your work within an exciting startup culture that is designed to foster personal development. This is a place where you can collaborate freely and level up your skills.
What you will do:
- Be a core contributor of code, tests, and application/data/systems architecture on a small team of engineers.
- Own both customer and developer happiness for your products in production, working with your own and other teams to build operational transparency and resiliency into every layer of deployed applications.
- Coordinate with engineering and products leads to define, prioritize, and task projects that help us meet business objectives.
- Develop and maintain robust platform components which will interact with a series of user-facing operational tools and applications.
- Interface with product teams to ensure customer satisfaction and implement new platform components.
- Be a key hands-on contributor to the design and development of new platform components.
- Develop and maintain new high-quality functionality for existing platform components.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including: Product Managers, UX designers, and Front End Engineers.
- Fully test code and plug into the test automation in our continuous delivery pipeline.
- Contribute code and ideas to improve developer workflow and team performance.
What we expect of you:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering or related, or equivalent experience
- At least five years building web applications in production using Java
- Previous experience leading engineering teams
- An Independent self-starter who likes to take ownership and independently seeks out new challenges
- Always ready to learn and step outside of your comfort zone to blaze the trail for new technology
- Comfortable with Linux and know your way around Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems
- Familiar with multithreaded software development, passion for performance and application efficiency
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to changing instructions and requirements