Senior Technical Support Engineer
PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to increase conversion and improve products and the customer experience with ratings and reviews and Q&A software. Ratings and reviews solutions from PowerReviews are essential for consumers as they search and shop online and in-store, and they are proven to increase online site-wide sales up to 17%.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing Level 2 support to thousands of customers using our SaaS platform. You will be responsible for assuring the highest quality support to our clients and our account management team. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is great at conveying technical ideas in simple terms, and someone who is passionate about providing customers with world class technical support.
The ideal candidate for this role has a demonstrated track record of success for handling multiple streams of information and understanding the overall context of a customer to provide the perfect custom made solution to their issues.
- Work with clients to modify or update existing integration and implementation of new features
- Troubleshoot CSS issues and provide guidance to the client
- Troubleshoot/debug data feeds and configure imports via pre-written command line scripts
- Troubleshoot/debug API calls for proper server response
- Support clients in multiple countries (additional languages preferred)
- Resolve questions and problems directly through individual efforts or by triaging problems with account management, integration engineering, and core engineering
- Maintain and update internal tools and integration process documentation
- Support quality assurance management and testing for clients
- Lead clients through the deployment of software updates and functionality enhancements and pilot programs
- Help Product Managers define requirements for product improvements
- Work on problems/projects of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors and a perfect understanding of the context
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Build productive internal/external working relationships with peers in Engineering, Content Ops, Client Success, Implementation, and Sales
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 4+ years in a customer support role required
- Moderate knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Intermediate SQL and data querying skills
- Outstanding communication and diplomacy skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.