Senior Test Automation Engineer at CSG
About the opportunity
Ascendon R&D is excited to announce that we are expanding our specialist R&D teams in Chicago. These teams are responsible for delivering new features for CSG’s cloud based digital BSS Ascendon Platform. An exciting opportunity currently exists for a Senior Test Automation Engineer with product development experience to join our growing R&D team.
About the role
As a Test Automation Engineer in Ascendon R&D, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team developing front-end technologies. Our web team translates requirements into effective, intuitive, and responsive user interfaces. You will work collaboratively with other CSG delivery teams in Chicago, Omaha, Bangalore, and Brisbane.
As a successful candidate, you will meet the following criteria:
- Takes a leadership role in increasing the percentage of automated versus manual test cases
- Provides training and mentoring to junior testers and developers. This includes conducting code reviews, training on new coding and testing methodologies, manual testing, automated & manual testing guidelines, and best practices. This role will be asked to assign and assist in validating work.
- Champion for acceptance test-driven development (ATDD), automated unit testing (AUT), and behavior-driven development (BDD)
- Drives the research, evaluation and implementation of automated testing tools and utilities
- Recognizes areas in need of improvement and solves complex problems related to interconnected software components.
- Expand application behavior into test cases. Once the stories have been defined, come up with test cases and document the behavior
- Execute automated and manual test cases. Perform various level of testing, including feature, integration, regression and load
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience with JS based test automation (Cypress, Cucumber, Selenium, Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, Chia, Gherkin)
- 5+ years of experience testing web based applications. Very strong knowledge of QA fundamentals. Willingness to do manual verification. Experience working with global teams
- Knowledge of build/test frameworks such as Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, Yarn, NPM
- Be able to work independently in fast paced environment
This is an opportunity to be part of a professional, collaborative team creating an exciting future for Ascendon. If you like the sound of that, we’d like to hear from you.