Senior Test Automation/DevOps Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Discover are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and proactive individual who will be responsible for optimizing the development and testing process to establish faster development flow by systematically reducing cycle time and introducing built-in-quality.
In collaboration with our Development, Security, Testing, and Infrastructure groups, the Test Automation/DevOps Engineer will drive and deliver a fully automated development/test lifecycle focused on delivering a platform capable of end-to-end automation.
- Build a best-in-class CI/CD and test automation suite and stay abreast of emerging technologies and testing approaches
- Be a thought leader and develop the skillsets of scrum team in creation, reviews of test cases and test automation
- Work with Scrum Teams to design and implement a Common CI/CD pipeline and test automation
- Work with our infrastructure and security teams to design and implement fully automated development analysis of current manual deployment and testing processes to design automation scope and structure
- Champion for acceptance test-driven development (ATDD), automated unit testing (AUT), and behavior-driven development (BDD)
- Integration of automated test suites with the current build and deployment processes
- Maintenance of test automation/deployment to accommodate changes in system design or architecture or environments
- Assure quality with the help of automation test tools (Web/UI and APIs)
- Maintain and Monitor the quality and effectiveness of CI/CD pipeline, automation and testing
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Drive efficiency through regression/automation of UI/Web App and API interfaces with the right tools and framework
- Team members are expected to support production and pager rotation, after hours or weekend work is expected occasionally, and we have a flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- There is an expectation that this Chicago based person will need to visit Discover’s Riverwoods Headquarters1 to 2 of days a week for project related meetings.
Our Tech Stack:
- Java, Spring, REST API, SOAP
- Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Chef, Ansible
- Horton Works, Spark, Storm, Kafka
- PCF, Linux, Cloud Foundry
- Oracle, AWS/RDS
- CI/CD Pipeline Automation using Jenkins
- Variety of scripting languages
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science or related field)
- 2+ years hands-on working in information technology
- Understand the concepts of Continuous Delivery, Test Driven development and Test Automation
- Hands on experience working with Jenkins, Gradle, Nexus, Git, and SonarQube (at least two years)
- At least 2 years of experience in API and SOA testing frameworks/tools – like REST Client, Soap UI, Client UFT
- Knowledge of the Continuous Delivery pipelines work and have hands-on experience developing test automation, pipelines with shared libraries
- Has a deep understanding of Git branching
- Must have a working, hands-on knowledge of REST, REST security, and Open API
- Knowledge of Java, Groovy, and Spring
- Experience with both White Box and Black Box Testing
- Have working knowledge of AWS ecosystem and Docker
- Must have experience working with Linux/UNIX and write bash scripts.
- Experience testing web pages built with Responsive Web Design (cross-browser, cross-platform, tablet and mobile device)
- Understand the concepts of reactive programming
- Excellent verbal communication and documentation skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.