Senior Test Engineer - Automation
Yello’s talent acquisition software enables companies to humanize the candidate experience by providing unprecedented speed and transparency throughout the candidate journey. Founded in 2008, Yello supports hundreds of organizations globally by serving as a key strategic partner in optimizing recruiting operations and talent relationship management.
In 2017, Yello closed a series C funding round of $31 million and continues to grow quickly. We’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
About The Role
You will drive test automation for Yello’s web software to continuously improve quality. As a member of our enterprise development group, you will build out a set of modern test automation suites for Ruby and Java applications. You will architect and maintain modularized test plans, communicate with your team about bugs and issues and build test pipelines to ensure our applications continue to meet the highest quality standards
How You'll Make An Impact
- Champion a culture of quality throughout your feature engineering team.
- Collaborate with your engineering team on issues that require advanced troubleshooting.
- Work closely with your product manager to develop acceptance criteria for feature stories.
- Design, develop, and execute highly effective automated test suites for all features delivered.
- Build and maintain a set of organized test plans with well defined test cases.
- Utilize our CI tools to run high performance, automated tests.Identify and describe bugs, performance issues and security risks in our applications using a variety of tools.
- Enforce and establish processes that minimize defects such as code reviews, appropriate testing levels, and an overall quality strategy.
- Collaborate with test engineers across the organization to further develop and maintain a comprehensive testing strategy.
- Help maintain a culture of learning by mentoring other test engineers throughout the organization.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge of the agile software development processes
- 3+ years of experience working with test automation using open source tools
- Exceptional scripting skills using Ruby-based tools such as RSpec, Cucumber and Capybara
- Strong understanding of current web testing methodologies and philosophies
- Ability to efficiently perform manual testing to address edge cases
- Understanding of Linux command line usage and script execution
- Familiarity with REST APIs and API testing approaches
- Familiarity with the Rails framework and MVC architecture
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience building continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Yello, we work together to improve the hiring experience and power recruitment programs. Every Yello team member is empowered to grow each day and achieve new career accomplishments, and we always make time to celebrate team members’ successes. Our Loop office is steps away from public transportation, overlooks Lake Michigan and our open concept office offers plenty of space to collaborate with colleagues or to work independently. We offer health, dental and vision insurance, a competitive 401k match, a reimbursement for fitness memberships and support for ongoing learning. Above all, we look forward to coming to work each day to solve interesting problems and make the impossible, possible.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time