We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. Over 20 years ago, we were among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading and esports. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we continue to evolve.
As a Senior Trading Systems Site Reliability Engineer you will provide mission critical support for our cutting-edge trading platform and applications. You’ll be responsible for improving our day to day operations while translating trading desk needs into tactical priorities. You’ll also be a champion for engineering excellence, assessing and guiding our teams to ensure the that our trading platform and all trading applications are well- documented, observable, monitored, and performant.
You'll Be Responsible For:
- Providing high quality of service, support and experience for traders, help resolve issues in timely manner.
- Troubleshooting complex trading systems issues, improve trackability and quantifying of issue to help prioritize the fixes
- Engaging with trading and development teams to collect data, identify patterns to correlate issues
- Leveraging and enhance existing tools for monitoring and alerting, help build new tools to proactively identify problems
- Partnering with the development teams to get reliability changes scheduled into sprints.
- Building dashboards and other tools to enable the goals of the Trading Systems Support Team.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Willingness to prepare and pass relevant regulatory examinations to attain a FINRA Series 57 certification.
- A result driven approach with the ability to establish priorities and execute on solutions.
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities, with the ability to quickly understand technical systems using a variety of methods. These include, reading code, documentation, logs, and digging into raw data through various interfaces.
- Strong scripting/troubleshooting in Python.
- 2+ years' experience with monitoring solutions like Check_MK, Prometheus, or similar technologies.
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn and improve on existing approaches.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to cater your approach to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience troubleshooting in Linux and SQL.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is nice to have.
- A BS in CS, EE, CE, or related industry experience.
Does our Engineering DNA Match yours?
- We collaborate in small, agile teams to learn and develop innovative technology
- We like to develop impactful features fast so we can share directly with our end-users and iterate quickly
- We’re focused on well-defined software delivery and continuous learning
- People are everything and our support for each other is abundant
- Through open source technology, we continue to evolve our tech stacks while looking for ways to contribute back to the community
- Whether you’re new to our tech stack or an expert, we encourage each team member to experiment with new technologies and take ownership of projects.
- We love to have fun and dedicate time to exploring new technologies and ideas through Tech Days and Hackathons.
*Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.