PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across several investment areas. We cover everything, spanning from early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management while lending an eye and providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a Senior Trading Systems Site Reliability Engineer you will provide mission critical support for our cutting-edge trading platform and applications. You’ll be responsible for improving our day to day operations while translating trading desk needs into tactical priorities. You’ll also be a champion for engineering excellence, assessing and guiding our teams to ensure the that our trading platform and all trading applications are well- documented, observable, monitored, and performant.
You'll Be Responsible For
- Providing high quality of service, support and experience for traders, help resolve issues in timely manner.
- Troubleshooting complex trading systems issues, improve trackability and quantifying of issue to help prioritize the fixes
- Engaging with trading and development teams to collect data, identify patterns to correlate issues
- Leveraging and enhance existing tools for monitoring and alerting, help build new tools to proactively identify problems
- Partnering with the development teams to get reliability changes scheduled into sprints.
- Building dashboards and other tools to enable the goals of the Trading Systems Support Team.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Willingness to prepare and pass relevant regulatory examinations to attain a FINRA Series 57 certification.
- A result driven approach with the ability to establish priorities and execute on solutions.
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities, with the ability to quickly understand technical systems using a variety of methods. These include, reading code, documentation, logs, and digging into raw data through various interfaces.
- Strong scripting/troubleshooting in Python.
- 2+ years' experience with monitoring solutions like Check_MK, Prometheus, or similar technologies.
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn and improve on existing approaches.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to cater your approach to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience troubleshooting in Linux and SQL.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is nice to have.
- A BS in CS, EE, CE, or related industry experience.
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
As a PEAK6 Senior Trading Systems Site Reliability Engineer you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Corn hole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program