Senior UI Engineer at OneMain Financial
OneMain is the largest non-bank lender in the United States and a leading consumer finance company.
One of our critical and highly visible initiatives is building and scaling industry-leading lending digital applications and experiences for our customers. We’re seeking a UI Engineer to build and enhance interfaces for our dynamic and responsive web applications.
What you will do as a Senior User Interface Engineer
You'll work as part of an agile development team to design and implement interfaces for web applications at the leading edge of digital lending. You will innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch. You will also:
- Inform API design.
- Review code.
- Collaborate with marketing to optimize conversions.
- Learn new technologies.
- Design and implement engaging and effective user interface for web applications.
- Assist with verifying the interface and features you developed are working successfully in production. We do multiple daily releases whenever features are ready.
- Collaborate with product, full-stack engineering, DevOps and other teams to ensure effective implementation.
Skills and experience you’ll need
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing interfaces for web applications
- Ruby in Rails experience
- Experience with HTML and CSS
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working in a nimble and agile environment
- Experience with React.js, Ember.js
- Worked with a TDD workflow
The ideal candidate understands how to balance a desire for perfectionism with the need for pragmatism. You will integrate with and leverage our existing systems as you help build solutions.
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day—online and at 1,500 branches in 44 states—to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It’s all about doing the right thing—a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligibility
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.