We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
We are seeking a Sr. UX Engineer to help build, evolve, and maintain our design system; our component and pattern library, along with the templates, documentation and reference resources to design and build our applications. In collaboration with our design teams, this combination of tooling, components, and guidelines enable Relativity to create coherent, exceptional experiences at a fast pace. Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
- Help establish and document UX Engineering best-practice and processes.
- Author and optimize HTML, CSS, and JS to build and maintain the front-end of Relativity’s Aero design system.
- Collaborate with designers, full stack engineers, and product managers to coordinate and implement user-centric UI and features.
- Build responsive web prototypes.
- Conduct demos of new design system components and features to the product group.
- Work with teams throughout Relativity to evangelize and coordinate the design system adoption across our company, customers, and beyond.
- Collaborate with researchers and designers to conduct user research and usability testing.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Conduct peer code reviews and act as a resource for junior engineers.
- Experience with task runners, module bundlers, testing frameworks (Jasmine or Mocha), linting software (ESLint, JSHint, etc.), and package managers (npm or Yarn).
- Some familiarity with CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery).
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong UX and design sensibilities.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment.
- Ability to simplify highly technical complex issues and articulate fluidly across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with best practices for accessibility and internationalization.
- 8+ years of UI-focused software development of commercial-grade systems and applications.
- Comfortable with building responsive layouts with CSS and semantic HTML.
- Experience building and maintaining web components.
- Experience with software engineering best practices: Git workflow, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.