Senior WordPress Developer at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $2 billion of assets, we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say. “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What We're Looking For
We are looking for a passionate, motivated, and customer-centric full-stack engineer to join our Marketing Technology team.
This role will be responsible for working with the marketing technology manager to build, maintain, and improve our website codebase while also helping to improve our email content and templates. It will involve supporting the larger marketing team in their efforts to build out content that is search engine optimized, performant, and correctly rendered across different clients.
Our ideal candidate is a self-driven engineer with solid experience working on a production website that is built using the WordPress content management system. This candidate should also have a successful track record of meeting goals while building out high-quality components, web pages, and emails in a fast-paced environment.
What you'll do
- Build new and improve existing features for our websites and marketing platforms.
- Work with the broader Marketing team to deliver high-quality web pages tailored for quick loading time.
- Manage website analytics and attribution
- Suggest, and contribute to, code architecture and infrastructure improvements.
- Keep pace with new developments in the Frontend ecosystem.
- Prior experience building and maintaining a production website
- Familiarity with WordPress and building custom React.js components for it’s Gutenberg page builder interface.
- Experience managing Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Additional experience with Docker and Node.js development is a plus.
- General knowledge of investing and personal finance or desire to learn.
- Excellent collaborator and team-player.
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym