Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We’re looking for an experienced Front End/UI engineer to lead a new team dedicated to Tempus’ UI Foundations team. You’re a creative and innovative developer, who enjoys working in a fast paced and technically challenging environment. You should be self-driven, with an enthusiastic, flexible and 'can-do' attitude with a passion to use coding to drive innovative science.
You have strong collaboration skills, including the ability to mentor and be mentored. You possess a strong passion to work in a growing, energizing environment of innovation.
You appreciate the latest emerging technology and know when and when not to use it. You have an attention to detail in design and execution. You embody or recognize aesthetics of code, user experience and data visualization. Attention to detail and a dedication to deliver a high-quality, stable product is essential
You take pride in your work and yet you know humbly that there are many ways to success. And most importantly, you enjoy your work and have fun with it. This is a great opportunity to do impactful work at a fast-growing company making a big impact in the life of thousands of patients.
- 2+ years React development ideally building component libraries.
- Experience building pixel-perfect, robust and, accessible user interfaces on the web
- Experience writing and maintaining “Object Oriented” CSS. Experience with CSS-in-JS is a plus.
- Expertise in maintaining cross-browser compatibility and full digital accessibility
- Familiar with continuous delivery and automated testing concepts (Jenkins/Concourse/Jest/Enzymes).
- Experience maintaining a healthy build pipeline and semantic versioning using Webpack/Rollup/NPM.
- Experience in working in an agile development environment.
- Mentoring/Managing experience
- Experience managing or leading an engineering team before
- Experience in medical, scientific, or other highly regulated environments.
- Maintainer or contributor to open source project (double points if its a component library)
Day to day:
Lead by example, splitting your time between:
- 60% of hands-on code
- Build pixel-perfect, robust and, accessible user interfaces on the web
- Drive independently a project from inception to production deployment with a strong focus on performance and robustness
- Follow our software development process including writing unit tests, performing code reviews etc.
- Learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to develop features
- Provide support for production deployments
- Demonstrate ability to deliver results on time with high quality
- 40% managing
- Works with Product Managers to build roadmaps, resourcing plans, UI design, and product increment planning
- Works with Design to facilitate building new components, frameworks, and iterating on existing products.
- Actively drives team improvement through retrospectives and other team activities
- Serve as a technical leader, evangelist, and mentor to the other front-end engineers
- Manage a team of 2 engineers working as part of a cross-functional team