Senior/Lead iOS Developer- Digital Operations at Rightpoint
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Azek, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
What You'll Do
The Digital Operations Senior/Lead iOS Developer will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing mobile applications for Rightpoint's clients using native iOS frameworks and tools. In addition to being a strong contributor to the development effort, the Senior/Lead iOS Developer will help mentor and coach more junior developers, as well as be a go-to resource for all their engagements and own the development efforts. This person will work independently with the managed services team of Engineers, Developers, and Technical No-Code consultants to develop and enhance previously developed applications, and problem solve issues within client applications and environments.
This is a role within our Digital Operations team, whose goal is to keep client environments and applications running smoothly. This means that the people in this group need to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift quickly, be very good at problem-solving, and have outstanding client-management skills. You will be supporting custom applications/solutions that have been previously delivered to Rightpoint's clients, helping them further extend and/or maintain functionality to accommodate their ever-changing business requirements and processes. In this role, you will switch context frequently as you will be working on multiple projects at different stages of the project lifecycle simultaneously. It is important that the applicant have a strong background in developing and supporting fluid, responsive, maintainable, high-quality iOS applications using the native iOS frameworks.
- Develop features in native iOS applications based on feature specifications and technical designs
- Contribute to creating feature specifications and technical design schematics
- Troubleshoot, support, and build upon pre-existing technology solutions within existing architecture/patterns
- Contribute to requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, developing use cases, and creating functional requirements specifications
- Create and build out database models, then surface data to user interfaces by using object oriented techniques, often using object-to-relational mappers
- Create user interfaces XIBs, Storyboards, or through code
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing (built both by you and others).
- Contribute to facilitating acceptance testing procedures and monitoring results
- Participate in code reviews.
- Maintain issues in ticketing queue for the project.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Provide estimates for assigned items as well as assist with scoping of larger enhancement requests.
- Contribute to Rightpoint and 3rdparty open source projects
- Champion sustainability and maintainability coding practices internally
Skills and Abilities
- 4 – 6 years of relevant development experience
- Deep hands-on knowledge of native iOS frameworks (UIKit, CoreAnimation, etc), Xcode, Instruments, TestFlight, Objective-C, and Swift
- Experience submitting apps to the App Store
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations.
- Experience with source control, work item tracking, and build management with Team Foundation Server (or similar)
- Experience with CoreData, Realm or other data persistence framework
- Motivation with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and quality.
- Passion for problem solving and working closely with clients
- Passion for not only fixing surface issues, but uncovering the underlying technical/structural problems
- Ability to multi-task across multiple different projects simultaneously, with context-switching occurring frequently
- Strong time-management skills, providing solutions that meet clients' needs within their time and budget constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
Willingness to travel periodically to client sites
Nice to Have
- Prior consulting experience is highly preferred
- Previous experience with estimating non-trivial tasks for oneself and others
- Prior experience as a team lead in a small (2-3 developers) team.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications
- Prior experience with enterprise distributed apps
- Prior experience developing native Android applications
Who We Are
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We're a start-up at heart and we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!,Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain's Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website –Webby Awards
- Top Partners withMicrosoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spendingaccounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights,Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.