Senior/Principal Backend Software Engineer at Rally Health
Join Rally Health as a Senior/Principal Software Engineer on the Navigation team where you will help build products that provide a cohesive experience for users to discover and manage their medical portfolio. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply.You Will:
- Build scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks.
- Contribute to frontend code using React and Angular frameworks.
- Work with your team to create test plans and ensure quality.
- Monitor production systems and provide on-call support.
- Report to the Engineering Manager.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
- 5+ years of real industry experience
- 5+ years experience with Java, or another similar language with an interest in learning Scala
- Commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems
- Experience with cloud-based services and hosting (AWS EC2)
- Experience developing/integrating with third party APIs and web microservices.
- Experience with open source projects, a plus
- Experience with Git
- Locations: Remote in contiguous U.S. and offices in Washington, DC, Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, Denver, CO, Las Vegas, NV or San Francisco, CA.
- The expected salary range for this position in CO ONLY: $142,000.00 - $196,000.00
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will migrate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams to better bring our digital products to consumers.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
If you don't think you meet all of the job criteria and are still interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team.
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.