Senior/Staff Engineer, Developer Experience at Flexport
The Developer Experience team is rapidly growing, and we are looking for engineers to contribute at all levels. This team focuses on optimizing the developer experience and maximizing engineering productivity. Our applications are currently running on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), but with our recent migration to Service-oriented architecture (SOA), we’re starting to push the limits. We are building the Flexport Kubernetes Engine (FKE) to support stateful and stateless workloads and integrate multiple AWS managed services. This team builds our CI/CD pipeline, enabling deployments to our various environments on this new infrastructure.You will:
- Develop reusable tools, frameworks, processes, and automation around build/deploy/test workflows that help engineers set up, implement, and deliver their services as quickly and easily as possible.
- Codify software development life cycle (build, deploy, test, refactor, release with no downtime) that enable high-quality release in all environments.
- Own our developer experience by working with engineering teams to identify and resolve areas of developer friction.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Enable service migrations from ECS to K8S.
- Automate integrations with engineering systems such as Github, Artifactory, Jira.
- 5+ years of Infrastructure or Software Engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with containerized CI/CD pipelines and creating reproducible builds from development to production.
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.