Service Reliability Engineer – Application Integration & Support
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The Service Reliability Engineer role will be responsible for the day to day delivery of Enterprise Payments Platform systems supporting Pulse, Discover and DCI network lines of business. They are responsible for the provisioning, availability, performance, and end to end customer experience for these systems, as well as system roadmap planning, and release management. They are subject matter experts on the operation of the core systems supporting the service, and have a strong understanding with work experience in cloud based and virtual system infrastructure and peripheral services including network, firewall, and database management. They work closely with both application development teams and operations teams to deliver best in class services to DFS end customers.
The preferred candidate is one who enjoys working within a team in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, influencing the long term direction of our solutions while working with a similar minded group of people. Our team operates very much like a startup that just happens to reside within a Fortune 300 Company.
Payments Application Integration team typically involves the engagement of resources across multiple business and technical units, so a broad business/technical engagement background is highly desired.
You will love working on our team if you enjoy working directly with a team of highly skilled and motivated developers, interacting and supporting our internal and external business partners, leading your work vs. following a checklist, enjoy advocating for and driving change as well as inventing features or projects that solve a business challenge. You’ll be part of a team that specializes in using the latest leading edge cloud based technologies and best in market toolsets to provide world class solutions to challenging and emerging business needs. Each individual is responsible for promoting a risk-aware culture, ensuring adherence to efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably Computer Science or like field) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Technology (Either Systems/Architecture or Infrastructure Services/Support)
- Good communications skills to work with our business users and internal BT support teams
- The applicant needs to be able to develop and document solutions, processes and issues well (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel) and be able to present and facilitate technical discussions.
- 3+ yrs. experience working in a technology environment (preferably Agile)
- Ability to work on and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Have working knowledge Linux/UNIX and write bash/shell scripts.
- Understand the concepts of Continuous Delivery and Lean/Agile
- Skilled in task automation, continuous integration and delivery (test automation, release management, DevOps)
- Hands on experience working with Chef, Jenkins, Gradle, Nexus, Git, Application Dynamics, and SonarQube
- Have a familiarity with Java and Python libraries
- Have a familiarity with Rest API Data Services and GemFire memory databases
- Have a familiarity with Message Bus (RabbitMQ)
- Familiar with cloud-based IaaS and PaaS solutions (AWS, Cloud Foundry)
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Proven ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills
- Amazing team player with a hyper focus on the customer
- Strength in adapting to a highly dynamic environment of change is needed
- Perform trend analysis of system logs, application logs, history reports, audits, performance management data, etc. to identify performance issues and drive improvements to ensure optimal performance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.