Service Reliability Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The Service Reliability Engineer role will be responsible for working with Discover Network business, internal infrastructure and application teams to evaluate and assess processes, products and partners, and provide technical leadership to members of Application Integration teams, delivering new Enterprise Platform solutions for Discover Network, PULSE and Diners Club International.
The Application Integration team owns the construction, integration, implementation, and critical supporting roles for Discover’s consolidated file transfer platform. Spanning ownership end to end which includes connectivity and data flows from host applications to-from all customer endpoints around the world.
The preferred candidate is one who enjoys working within a team in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, influencing the long term direction of our solutions while working with a similar minded group of people. Our team operates very much like a startup that just happens to reside within a Fortune 300 Company.
Initiatives typically involve the engagement of resources across multiple business and technical units, so a broad business/technical engagement background is highly desired. This role will require both strategic and tactical cross-functional leadership.
Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably Computer Science or like field) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Technology (Either Systems/Architecture or Infrastructure Services/Support)
- 5+ yrs. experience working in a technology environment (preferably Agile)
- Ability to work on and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Have working knowledge Linux/UNIX and write bash/shell scripts.
- Experience with design and support of VPNs, sFTP, and Connect Direct protocols
- Understand the concepts of Continuous Delivery and Lean
- Hands on experience working with Jenkins, Gradle, Nexus, Git, Application Dynamics, and SonarQube
- Have a familiarity with Java and Python libraries and development environment
- Have a familiarity with Chef
- Familiar with cloud-based IaaS and PaaS solutions (AWS, Cloud Foundry)
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Proven ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Strong communication skill
- Amazing team player with a hyper focus on the customer
- Strength in adapting to a highly dynamic environment of change is needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.