Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Our department is seeking a skilled developer to build and maintain a strategic risk analytics platform and remediation assurance workflow for assignment, tracking, reporting, and remediation of Cybersecurity-identified risk units in a ServiceNow custom application. The custom solution has enterprise-wide potential users, from Business Technology (BT) and various Business Units, in the organization. Solution will manage the automated remediation workflow and risk analytics reporting of a large number of risk units.
The developer will own the development tasks of the custom solution based on integration of ServiceNow applications. The developer must align with the technical, operational, design and analytics teams on the project responsible for corresponding technical designs, risk reporting and enhancements to ensure design is supported by the underlying vendor software. The deliverables are expected to meet high quality standards.
The ideal candidate is experienced with customizing ServiceNow applications and facilitating rollout of new applications, and configuring application UI and Workflow; in addition to understanding configuration management principles. They will perform the necessary tasks to design and develop configurations and customizations for the custom solution. A successful candidate will be proficient in various technologies, software and scripting to collect configuration information. The position requires the candidate to work both independently or collaborate as a productive member of a project team. The candidate is required to be effective in working closely with key client stakeholders, technology leaders, and cyber and technical teams.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for the technical specification and implementation of the ServiceNow integration
- Provide expertise on all technical questions related to development of ServiceNow application
- Understand the technical and functional design requirements related to ServiceNow
- Collaborate with ServiceNow Developers, System Administrators and key stakeholder teams to analyze and understand requirements; then transform the requirements into a practical solution
- Develop and implement the technical solution, and perform the integration tests
- Understand the business requirements and the needs to standardize and automate processes; then build into the design
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- 6+ years of experience in Information Security, Security Engineering, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, IT, Computer Science, or related field
- ServiceNow System Administration certifications (a plus)
- ServiceNow Scripting (a plus)
- ITIL v3 Foundations certified (a plus)
- Advanced ITIL certifications (a plus)
- 5+ years’ experience with ServiceNow as a developer and/or administrator with coding expertise
- Create and manage scripts and workflow
- Custom UI changes with usage of Web technologies such as HTML, CSS, Jelly, Angular JS
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL or CMDB
- Fundamental knowledge of networking including TCP/IP ports and firewalls, network protocols, and IP networks
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to demonstrate influence in a consulting fashion to stakeholders and other team members.
- Integrate data from multiple data sources into a unified CMDB, ensuring data quality and integrity are maintained
- Thorough understanding of application security, including SSO, Access Control rules, and more
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Ensure tool configuration consistency across development, stage, testing, sandbox, and production environments.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.