Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud Operations
Location; Chicago, IL OR Remote US
Join a fast-paced, innovative, data-driven startup named 2021 Best Tech Startups In Chicago, that is changing the Supply Chain industry through real time tracking and end-to-end visibility.
FourKites is expanding our Cloud Operations team in the US and looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join the team! You will be primarily responsible for the uptime of our products & platform. You will be troubleshooting and identifying the root cause of issues, in case of any down time. The ideal candidate needs to have strong hands-on experience in production support & integrations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide world class 24x7 support, including on call rotation, extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple product lines.
- Experience in “follow-the-sun” support model.
- Become an SME in application support including the associated code and assist the team to resolve complex issues including bug fixes.
- Drive incident, problem management and root cause analysis within the defined SLAs.
- Develop, monitor and respond to all alerts for production systems.
- Develop troubleshooting documentation for production support resources.
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical & infrastructure issues reported by customers and internal teams.
- Work with customer support teams on sales, implementation, customer support & on-boarding tasks.
- Create documentation on application workflow, common troubleshooting, debugging steps, best practices and deliver training to other engineers in the team.
- Mentor, coach and assist juniors in the team, be a role model.
- Partner with development teams to resolve complex issues.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in development/production support experience.
- Strong working experience in New Relic, Signal FX, Data Dog, Cloud Watch, and/or Azure Monitor
- Experience in creating/supporting Restful APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn new technologies and become productive extremely fast.
- Experience participating in 24x7 on-call rotations.
- Willingness to work in different shift timings.
- Good knowledge on unified log management systems like log entries, log stash, sumo logic & grey log.
- Programming experience in Ruby on Rails, GoLang or Java is a plus.
- Experience leading a small team
- AWS/Azure or any cloud infrastructure working experience.
About the team:
Our product and engineering teams are dedicated to providing the industry’s best-in-class end to end supply chain visibility platform. We are committed to building a high-performing team with software craftsman-thinking who are dedicated to developing and enhancing our core platform, and we want you to be a central part of it!
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.